Donalsonville, Georgia, is named after John Ernest Donalson (1846-1920), who was a prominent businessman in the area.
Donaslon built the first lumber mill in the area, which was the catalyst for the town’s growth.
Donalsonville was first chartered as a town in Georgia on Dec. 8, 1897. Donalsonville became the Seminole County seat in 1920. On Aug. 19, 1922, a charter passed changing Donalsonville from a town to a city.
The Seminole County Courthouse in Donalsonville was constructed in 1922 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Adella Jenkins Quick, 106 Years Old
2012 Grand Marshall "Spirit of Christmas"